Our health care system must be guided by the principles of individual choice and competition. Market forces reduce costs and improve outcomes. Monopolies are not good for consumers and government controlled health care will be no different. I will not support “Medicare for All” or any other program that forces citizens out of private insurance or any insurance program they prefer to keep. No insurance to illegal aliens or provision of medical services except in the case of emergencies or to children who are in need of essential medical care.
Any repeal and replacement of the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) must include:
- 1. Coverage for pre-existing conditions.
- 2. Transportability and coverage across state lines.
- 3. Zero funding for the health care of illegal aliens.
- 4. Increase in the amount of permitted contributions to Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- 5. No minimum policy requirements.